I'm Android Care Taker!
YouTube has become a part of our daily lives, and it’s always frustrating when we encounter errors. One of the most common errors that users encounter while using the YouTube mobile app is the “Something Went Wrong, Try again” error.
This error message can pop up for various reasons, from a poor internet connection to outdated app versions. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix the “Something Went Wrong” error on the YouTube mobile app.
Thankfully, there are several steps you can take to fix this error on your smartphone. In this article, we will go through each step in detail so that you can enjoy a seamless YouTube experience.
How to Fix Something Went Wrong YouTube (10 Ultimate Ways)
Note: At the end of every article, we provide ten quick tips to follow, almost fixing the issue they faced. In this case, if YouTube tells you that something went wrong, you have to scroll down because it can fix it right now as soon as you do it.
Step 1: Restart the device
Restarting your device can be a helpful step in fixing the “Something Went Wrong” error on YouTube, as it can help refresh the device and clear any temporary glitches or issues that may be causing the error. Here are the steps to restart your device:
- Press and hold the power button on your Android device.
- Tap “Restart” or “Reboot” from the options that appear.
- Wait for your device to restart, and try reaccessing YouTube.
- Press and hold power and volume buttons on your iOS device.
- Slide the “Power Off” slider to the right to turn off your device.
- Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears and your device restarts.
- Try reaccessing YouTube after your device has restarted.
Note: Restarting your device may not always fix the “Something Went Wrong” error on YouTube, and you may need to try other troubleshooting steps.
For tech geeks, check this out: Ways to restart phone without using power button.
Step 2: Clear App Cache Data
A buildup of cache and data can also cause the “Something Went Wrong” error on the YouTube mobile app.
To fix this, clear the app cache and data on your smartphone. The exact steps may differ depending on your device, but you can generally find them in the settings menu.
Here’s how to clear youtube app cache data:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and select “Apps.”
3. Find and select the YouTube app from the list of apps.
4. Select “Storage & cache” or “Storage.”
5. Tap “Clear cache” to clear the app cache to clear app data.
Step 3: Check Your Internet Connection
Check your internet connection and troubleshoot any issues on your smartphone.
The “Something Went A Poor internet connection can sometimes cause a wrong” error on the YouTube mobile app. This could involve resetting your router or switching to a different WiFi network.
How To Check Internet Connection:
Here are some points that you need to ensure:
- First of all, done on and then turned off airplane mode. This is the first checklist you should follow whenever you start YouTube saying something is wrong while playing a video.
- The second thing you have to ensure is your selected mobile network type. Suppose you have a 4G smartphone, but if you have selected auto or just 3G, you must ensure it is selected to 5G or at least 4G. Try this if LTE or 5G/4G not working.
- Also, check out for settings to ensure you have enabled the mobile data saver because sometimes, due to bugs or an error, YouTube wants to play any video and show something went wrong. Because you have anybody that can ensure you haven’t enabled the data saver.
- Also, ensure that you haven’t changed your APN settings recently because, in the most common cases, people are trying out new APNs; suppose they are using Tmobile, so try out a new T-mobile APN, and at the end, they find out that YouTube stops working because of miss configured APN settings.
Step 4: Check for App Updates
Another common cause of the “Something Went Wrong” error on the YouTube mobile app is outdated versions.
It’s essential to check for updates regularly and ensure you have the latest version of the app installed. You can do this by opening the Google Play Store or App Store, searching for the YouTube app, and checking for any available updates.
Outdated app versions can also cause errors on the YouTube mobile app. To fix this, check for and install any available app updates on your smartphone. This should ensure you have the latest version of the YouTube app, which should be free from bugs and glitches.
Also, you can download its APK from these apk downloading sites, which are safe.
Step 5: Reinstall the App
The last and Fourth most prominent step is to uninstall the YouTube app once and then reinstall back from the Google Play Store.
You can reinstall your smartphone’s YouTube app if the above steps do not work. Uninstall the app, then reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store. This is a more drastic step, but it can often fix the error.
10 Quickest Ways To Fix Something Went Wrong on YouTube App
- Restart Your Device.
- Toggle the Aeroplane mode on and off.
- Check for the data saver settings, and make sure it’s disabled.
- Disconnect from WiFi if connected, then forget that network.
- Check for the default APN settings.
- Reset the network settings.
- Update the YouTube App.
- Make Sure to clear the cache of the YouTube app.
- Uninstall YouTube App updates, then Update back.
- ForceStop the app once.
Read Further About YouTbe:
In conclusion, the “Something Went Wrong” error on the YouTube mobile app can be frustrating but not impossible. Following the above steps, you can fix the error and enjoy uninterrupted YouTube viewing. Give these steps a try, and let us know in the comments.