You’ll LOVE this guide if you want to see the best Camera Apps for Android in one place.
This is the same App that every mobile photographer uses to click Stunning pictures or even better.
I tested and reviewed five free & paid camera apps. Let’s dive right in…
Best Camera Apps 2022 that clicks like a DSLR
When I started clicking pictures using my mobile device, I didn’t know much about it.
Every mobile photographer usually clicks pictures using their default camera app. Still, as time passed, I switched to many apps that click like a DSLR, so here is one you can use to click stunning photographs on your smartphone.
App #1: Coffee Cam
If you like vintage and classic photography, you will love this App.
I’d recommend this App to one of my friends who clicks on his phone, and his photography skills with this App have increased by 37%, which has saved us so many times.
I recommend this modern app to every person who likes classic and vintage filters, even if this will enhance your camera quality.
Here is excellent news:
This camera app has tons of features that you can use for free.
When we apply filters when clicking pictures, the quality won’t be excellent, but when you use this App, you will know how great this is.
Here are the few features of this App that have Amazed me:
- Professional filters:
- 10+ Film scratches and dust.
- 1000+ Multi-Color filters.
- Tons of Light leak effects.
- 3D effect (Chromatic aberration) + Glitch.
- More than 30 Retro mask styles.
- Adjustments(Contrast, Sharpening, Brightness, Vignette, HSL, HSV, Haze, Color balance, White balance, Exposure, etc.)
- Nondestructive editing: You can quickly Go back and change anything you want.
Overall this is a great app. I have tried this App a few times, and it was a very decent experience, but here are some cons.
- There are too many ads. You have to go to the premium version to remove ads.
- Many filters are locked. You must buy the premium subscription to get all the filters/full access.
Filters remind me of another app; let’s see it.
|Download size||20 MB|
|Requirement||Android 4.4 and up|
|Size After Installed||Around 35 MB|
|Offered By||Analog Film Photo & Photo Editor & Camera|
App #2: Cymera
A very famous person said, “what’s in a name.” If you are a person who wants to click Selfie or take Pictures of yourself, then it’s the best selfie camera app.
I liked this application’s many features, and you will be surprised that this App has a hundred million downloads.
A few weeks back, when I was finding the best photography app and testing them, I found this app. I know I didn’t hear its name, and this App has a hundred million; isn’t it crazy?
Anyways this application has a few of the fantastic features that most apps lack. Here are More Android Apps.
Features of this App
- It has a Real-time selfie filter.
- It has an excellent DSLR Effect.
- You can even create College & Poster.
- Tons of selfie filters & beauty-makeup tools.
- Smaller & V-shaped face.
- Body and Face Editor.
- Vintage, Natural, Neon, Lomo, Film, Sketch, Fisheye, and more.
These are some of these features, but here is something that won my heart. Also Read: Fix Camera Blur, using these methods.
- Anti-shake, timer, touch shooting, and out-focusing options.
- Silent mode to shoot wherever you want without disturbing others.
These are the ultimate features that this App gives support to us, like Anti-shake, touch shooting, out focusing Options.
- These are a few ads that will ruin your experience.
- It is not suitable for low-end devices.
|Download size||98 MB|
|Requirement||Android 4.1 and up|
|Offered By||SK Communications|
App #3: Open Camera
So if you are bored with the primary camera app that only give you a few features and want to try something Pro level?
So here it is, an open app. It is one of the lightest apps that can run on most Android smartphones, even on 1GB RAM. Learn More about Why Android is Lagging?
As a photographer, you need many tools to control ISO, white balance, temperature, aperture, etc.
I used this App 4 years back when I was new to photography, which is fantastic.
Features that make my day!
- It’s an entirely free app. You can use it for free.
- It supports the Camera2 API: manual controls (with optional focus assist), burst mode, RAW files, slow motion video, and log profile video.
- This Free camera app has the Option to auto-level your photos.
- This App helps you to EXPAND Your Camera’s functionality: support for scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, a selfie with “screen flash,” HD video, and more.
So now talk about the Cons or Downsides of this App.
- If you are a beginner, I don’t recommend using this App. Watching tutorials to use this app properly would be best.
Overall it’s a fantastic app and knows what it is. The lightest is around 1.8 MB, and if you are considering moving on to a pro camera app with great filters and effects, you should try our next time on the list.
|Download size||4 MB|
|App Size After Installaiton||8.99 MB|
|Requirement||Android 4.0.3 and up|
|Offered By||Mark Harman|
One more intresting thing you can use this to turn off autofoucs on any device.
App #4: Camera MX
If you are looking for a stock camera app for your Android device, that will be the best for you; it will exceed all the limits of a Stock app.
The UI is the only difference between the standard camera app and the stock camera app. In the stock app, you would find a few limitations that third-party apps can only fulfill.
Read this on quora to learn more about the stock and regular camera applications.
This will convert your normal camera into a DSLR-like camera to increase your picture quality.
This camera application has many features, filters, and things you can do with this App. Here are some of the features that I like the most:
- This App has Auto Optimization and HDR-like features for high-quality photos, even in low-light situations.
- You Set your preferable JPEG Quality in the camera settings.
- Past Burst Mode:
- Browse sequence shots of the seconds before you pulled the trigger.
- Sometimes the App crashes while opening it.
- It is not compatible with an old phone.
If you are considering moving on to the PRO-level app, you should go with Open Camera Rather than Camer MX.
App #5: Professional HD camera with Beauty Cam
Think about an app that can help you click extraordinary photographs of nature and yourself.
And here is the last App on our list that will help you click awesome and stunning pictures with its great features.
Overall it is an easy-to-use camera app that gives you high-definition picture quality.
And now, it is one of the highly-rated apps on the Play Store; it has more than five million-plus downloads and a 4.7-star rating.
- It has all the things that you can control, like ISO, white balance, autofocus, and many more, with its pro photography mode (which is free).
- It has excellent gesture control like; Flick the screen up and down to switch the front and rear cameras.
This app has a few unique features that another app lacks, like gesture control and its simple and easy-to-use UI with many filters.
- One of the cons is that this App has few ads, like my taking photos. You will get a pop-up ad.
Besides ads, this is a great camera app for 2022 that you can try.
|Download size||38 MB|
|App Size After Installaiton||42 MB Approx.|
|Requirement||Android 5.0 and up|
|Released On||Feb 9, 2020|
Complete List of Apps Given Below:
- App #1: Coffee Cam
- App #2: Cymera
- App #3: Open Camera
- App #4: Camera MX
- App #5: Professional HD camera with Beauty Cam
Here’s my favorite App
As you know, I listed the five best camera applications for Android devices that you could use in 2022. Now my personal opinion is:
I like the open camera. It is a light apps with tons of advanced features which is available for free of cost. I have been using this App for the past four years, and downloading it is worth it.
What about yours?
Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite app.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @backdroidcom whenever you click a new photo. Till then, CLICK PICTURES! :).