In this article, I will teach you how to create a folder on Android and make a folder on mobile. This is an easy-to-follow guide with screenshots to help you create a folder on your phone.
Without wasting more time, let’s dive into the tutorial on creating a folder on Android and making a folder on mobile.
How to Make Folders On Mobile
The folder is the essential thing in which we store particular files. Folders are important when you have to maintain specific files separately. Suppose you will keep PDF in one folder, and in another, you will keep all your images. That’s how it works.
To make a new folder and any mobile device, follow the below procedure:
1. Open the File Manager app on your Android device.
2. Select the desired storage location (internal storage or external/SD card).
3. Tap on the three dots (or a folder icon with a plus button) located on the top right-hand side of the screen.
4. Choose the “New Folder” option.
5. Provide a name for the folder and save it.
- Unlock your Android device and go to the home screen.
- Open the “File Manager” or “Files” app.
- Navigate to the desired location for the folder.
- Look for the option to create a new folder (usually a “+” or “New Folder” icon).
- Enter a name for the folder and tap “OK” or “Create.”
That’s how you can create a new folder on any smartphone. There are many ways, but this is one of the easiest ways to follow on any File Manager app.
If you didn’t get it, below is the complete and in-depth tutorial on creating or making a new folder on the Android file manager app.
Method 2: To Create A New Folder on the Android
Here is the tutorial, which has more depth than any sea. Just kidding. ;).
- First of all, you need to open the File Manager app, which is colored yellow and looks like itself a folder.
- After opening the File Manager app, you will see all your storage options, like phone and external storage/SD card. Select any one of them in which you have to create a folder.
- Here you have to tap on the three dots, which are on the top right-hand side, and in some smartphones, there is an option in the bottom bar of a folder with a plus button tap on it.
- It will ask you for the folder’s name; give your folder name and save it. Now your folder has been created.
Tips for Effective Folder Management:
To maximize your folder organization, we’ll provide some practical tips:
- Use descriptive names for folders.
- Create subfolders within larger folders for further categorization.
- Regularly declutter and organize your folders to maintain a clean mobile environment.
- Take advantage of the File Manager app’s other features, such as moving or downloading apps to SD cards.
You can create an unlimited number of folders until you have space. If you take my screenshot, you will find that my internal storage was almost complete. It left around 196 MB if you think I am not cleaning or Freeing up storage.
Congratulations! You’ve learned how to create folders on your Android device, paving the way for a more organized mobile experience. By implementing these simple steps, you can declutter your screen and effortlessly find your files whenever needed. Embrace the power of folders and enjoy a streamlined and efficient smartphone interface.
Remember, the process may vary slightly depending on your Android device and the specific File Manager app you use. However, the fundamental concepts remain the same. So go ahead, create those folders, and easily conquer the chaos!
I hope I successfully showed you how to create a folder on Android with a few easy steps to follow if you want to create any folder.