In the past 50 years there has been a massive growth in technology. Remember the time when the downloading speed was just in KBPS like 10 KBPS to MBPS, even in some cases it’s Gbps.
Ten years ago when I had to download any game, it took me a week to be downloaded but now in a few seconds that’s how technology has grown.
If you live in today’s digital world then you need to know a few things like which is bigger GB or Mb? I know these are the little questions but need to be answered because in many areas of our lives technology is included with us so let’s see which is bigger MB or GB?
Which is bigger, Gb or Mb?
Yes GB (Gigabyte) is always bigger than one MB because 1 GB is made up of 1024 megabytes (MB).
And also, MB’s so-called megabyte is made up of 10,000 kilobytes. But if you look at their names like megabytes it sounds BIG and kilobytes sound too small in front of a megabyte.
Anyways, here is a table of different memory sizes like KB, MB, GB, TB, PB.
- 8 bits = 1 Byte
- 1024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
- 1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
- 1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
- 1024 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
Do you know: What is Editor’s Choice in Google Play Store?
Which is bigger MB(megabyte) or GB(gigabyte)?
A gigabyte or so-called GB is always bigger than an MB because it is made up of 1024 Mbs. For example, GB is sufficient to store a whole movie whereas MB is sufficient to store a whole book.
Take a look at the table below.
- 1 Bit- Sufficient for one character
- 1 Byte (8 Bits) – Sufficient to fit a sentence (8 characters).
- 1 Kilobyte (1024 Bytes) – Sufficient for a large text file.
- 1 Megabyte (1024 Kilobytes) – Sufficient for a whole book.
- 1 Gigabyte (1024 Megabytes) – Sufficient for a movie.
- 1 Terabyte (1024 Gigabyte) – Sufficient for 500 hours worth of movie.
- 1 Petabyte (1024 Terabyte) – Sufficient to store 57 years of movie.
So that’s how things work. We have to change ourselves as time changes. I hope that your confusion between MB and GB has been solved.