Today I am going to teach you how to format your phone in 2 different ways. Maybe you want to format your phone because it keeps hanging again and again, it is loaded with many apps or probably facing an issue with your recent update.
Here is a fact: Formatting a phone every year increases your phone speed and makes it more efficient but 70% of the people don’t bother to format their phone without any reason and I also used to do this.
But let’s quickly move on to the topic how to format your Android mobile:
2 Ways to format any Phone/Mobile
- Hard Reset (Which is not that hard:))
- Factory Reset (This is Popular)
How to format most android phones OnePlus, Realme, Motorola etc.
- First of all go to mobile settings
- Scroll down and the mobile settings and you will find the backup and reset option (Sometimes in additional setting)
- Or you can search in the settings for backup and reset you will get it.
- Now backup and reset option you find data reset (Factory Reset) option select it
- When you reach into the data reset settings you have to be very careful there are three main options
Date Reset Settings
- Reset system settings only(If you had Mistakenly changed any settings)
- Erase downloaded apps and their data (If facing any issues with the app)
- Erase all data(Factory Reset)
- Now choose any one according to you need and you have done
- If you want to Fully format your phone then Hit the Erase all data
So this is how you can format your smartphone whether it’s from OnePlus, Motorola, Nokia, realme.
How to format samsung phone via mobile settings
- First, Go to your Mobile Phone settings
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page.
- Tap the General management tab.
- Hit Reset.
- Hit Factory data reset.
- Now Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- Tap the blue Reset button.
- Enter your pin or password if you have, otherwise skip this.
- Tap Delete all.
How to Factory Reset MI(Redmi) Phone
- First of all go to your basic mobile settings
- Scroll down and you will get a additional setting option tap on it
- Again swipe up to scroll down the page and you will get it backup and reset option
- now there is a section called personal data in which there is a option for factory data reset option open it
- after typing on factory data reset I will get an option in the bottom of the page called reset phone tap on it and confirm to reset your mi phone
How to Hard Reset most android phones OnePlus, Realme, Motorola, Nokia etc.
If you just updated your phone and your phone is not just booting up after the update then you must go with the hard reset because hard reset will revert the new update to the old one, just by heading into the recovery mode.
To enter the recovery mode you have to press the volume up button with the power button simultaneously.
When you perform a Factory Data Reset, Note that: all settings are returned to the factory default settings and all personal data is erased, including files and downloaded apps.
How to Hard Reset using recovery mode on a Samsung phone?
- If your phone is on, first of all turn it off(Switch Off) .
- Now Hold the Volume up buttons and Power button simultaneously. You should see the Samsung logo followed by an “Installing system update” screen.
- After a few seconds, you will see a “No command” message flashing on your screen. Wait 15 to 20 seconds at this screen and the device will enter recovery mode.
- You can use the volume button to scroll down, Volume up to Scroll up and Volume Down button to Scroll down.
- Highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
- Now you have to use the power button to select.
- Highlight and select Yes to confirm the reset.
- Once the reset is complete, you will be bounced back to the same recovery menu. Now Press the Power button to select the Reboot system now.
How to Hard Reset using recovery mode on a MI phone?
- Now first of all switch off your phone
- Now take the instruction properly: hold the volume up and power button simultaneously to get into the recovery mode
- Use volume buttons to scroll up, scroll down and power button to select any option
- get the wipe data highlighted and press the volume button in short select the wipe data
- Now select wipe all data and confirm it and you have done.
- now go back to your main menu and reboot your MI smartphone
Don’t Format or Factory Reset your Phone Before reading this!
FRP stands for Factory Reset Protection, is a security feature on all the Android devices which came with Android OS Version 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher. FRP provides a built-in security feature that protects your device like your Data, Screen Lock etc.
What do I need to know about FRP before Performing Factory Reset or Formatting your phone?
If you want to reset your device to factory default settings ensure that you know your Google account login credentials as you will need it to log in once you have reset your device successfully. If you want to reset your device to factory default settings make sure to remember your Google Gmail Password or Credentials. If you Forgot your Gmail ID password read this.
Note: Before performing a hard reset or factory reset on your smartphone make sure to backup your entire data whether it’s contact or your files, your downloaded apps, your passwords whatever it may be.
So that’s it guys these are the best ways to format or factory reset any smartphone whether it came from OnePlus, samsung, MI, Motorola, Nokia, realme, oppo, Vivo.
So today I showed you both ways to reset or format your device easily step by step.