I'm Android Care Taker!
I know it often happens when one of your favorite people calls you, but your phone is on do not disturb, silent or focus mode, and it won’t ring.
THE intention is that you want to set a contact to always ring or to select a specific contact to ring when you’re on DND or silent mode.
That’s how you are interested in learning how to set a contact to always ring on Android even when a phone is on do not disturb mode or silent mode. However, you still want that one contact always to ring because it is essential.
2 Ways to Make Certain Contacts Ring on Silent, Do Not Disturb, Or Focus Mode
In today’s article, I will show you all the steps or step-by-step guides which will guide you through the entire process with screenshots on how to set a contact to always ring on any Android smartphone.
Note: For Silent mode, check method 2, but for those who are using dnd, they can go with method 1.
So without investing anymore, second, let’s dive in.
How To Make Certain Contacts Ring On Do Not Disturb Android (make contact to Always ring)
Below are all the ways to set a contact as always ring even on silent, do not disturb, etc. So you will get all of the crucial calls.
1. Open the mobile settings.
2. Get into DND from “Notifications” Do not disturb.
From Allowed during Do not disturb, tap on calls and messages.
3. In Calls & messages, Add specific contact to allow during do not disturb. To add specific people, tap on the plus button.
4. Select contacts from the list of contacts.
5. Hit Done.
Here’s a step-by-step guide in 11 easy steps to make certain contacts ring on silent mode on Android:
- Open the Contacts or Phone app on your Android device.
- Find and select the contact you want to set as a priority contact.
- Open the contact details page.
- Look for an option to mark the contact as a favorite or set it as a priority contact.
- This can vary depending on the specific Contacts app or Android version you’re using. Some apps may have a star icon or an option to mark it as a favorite.
- Mark the contact as a favorite or set it as a priority contact.
- Exit the Contacts or Phone app and open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Search for “Sound” or “Sound & Vibration” settings.
- Tap on “Do Not Disturb” or “Notifications” settings.
- Look for the option to allow calls or notifications from priority contacts only.
- Enable the option to allow calls or notifications from priority contacts only.
- Exit the Settings app.
Once you’ve completed these steps, incoming calls or notifications from the specific contact you marked as a priority or favorite should still ring or sound even when your device is in silent or Do Not Disturb mode. Remember that the exact steps and options vary slightly depending on your Android device and version.
Allow Favorite Contacts To Allow Specific Contacts Ring On Silent Android
You can also allow Calls from contacts only, favorite person only, and for all. Moreover, you can allow Repeat Callers: Allowing calls when they’ve received from the same phone number more than once within 15 minutes.
To allow calls from favorite contacts
If you only want to accept calls from favorite contacts, select ”favorite contacts only” from the drop-down.
It will work when you have already selected some contacts as your favorite contacts from the dialer app. Then, when you select this, your phone will only ring on DND or silent when these people call you.
To allow saved contacts, as always, to ring
Another option for allowing contacts to ring is to enable it. Get into DND configuration here, select calls and messages, then select contacts only from ”Also allow”. Also, read: How to Change Alarm Sound on Android.
2. An App sets certain contacts to ring on silent/DND android
So, for those who need help finding the option or finding it challenging, this will help you better. Because it will help you manage calls on silent mode using an app.
It manages all the calls received when the smartphone is in silent mode.
Step 1. Firstly, download an app from the Google play store named Silent Manager whitelist -lite.
Step 2. Then, open the app and tap the add (+) button.
Step 3. Here, select the contacts you want to set as always ring on silent.
Step 4. Hit save and Done.
Now, whenever these people call you, even if your device is on silent mode or mute, it will still ring for those selected people.
What happens is that this app overrides the existing commands of smartphones and makes these phones ring.
Moreover, it is a free application with ads. However, it has a limitation that you can only select five people in the app’s free version.
But if you go with its complete version, you can add up to as many people as you want.
Here is the feature of its paid version:
- Add and remove any contact to the whitelist
- Full integration with contact application, including
- Joined contacts
- Multiple phone numbers
- Ring on call and Messages for allowlist.
- Sleep time, Silent Manager will stop itself at this time.
- Full support of Android 2.3 or up
- Remember to check your allowlist.
- Long click on any item to have help.
- Compatibility with third-party programs like schedulers.
Also, check the below limitation of the accessible version of Silent Manager:
- You can add five contacts only to your list.
- Contains advertisements.
- It doesn’t contain Sleep time settings.
That’s it; these are the primary techniques to use. If you think there is an alternative way, or by using settings, there’s no way to ring specific contacts on silent without using any external app.
If you want to customize your ringtone, read this to change or customize your ringtone.
I hope you find the article helpful. In today’s article, I have shown how to make specific contacts ring on silent or do not disturb mode.
That is for today’s article. If you have any queries on this topic, let me know in the comment, and I will reply within 24 hours of commenting.
A: Yes, using an app from the Google play store, you can put your phone on silent except for one person. But there’s no direct way to do it because settings do not provide any settings.
A: To make your Android phone ring for specific contacts, Open mobile settings, get into Do Not Disturb Settings, and select the contacts to allow ring on DND.
A: Allows you to specify certain contacts as priority contacts, and their calls or notifications will ring even in silent or Do Not Disturb mode.
A: The number of contacts that can be added to the allowlist may vary depending on the device and its software. However, most devices should allow you to add multiple contacts to the allowlist.
A: Yes, you can set certain contacts to always ring without using an app by utilizing the built-in features of your Android device such as Do Not Disturb mode or Priority mode.