WhatsApp location sharing feature launched in October 2017 and nobody seems it to be super helpful.
But as time went on things have changed, internet speed has changed a lot then the meaning of this feature also changed.
Today I am gonna show you how to share location in WhatsApp a complete WhatsApp guide on Sharing Live Location.
WhatsApp’s Live Location feature allows you to share your real-time location for a specific amount of time that you want to share with the participants of an individual or group chat.
You can control whether and how long to share your live location. You can also stop sharing your live location at any time Whenever you want to. Once this stopped or expired, your live location is no longer shared with that individual or group. Individuals with whom you shared your live location will continue to see the location you shared as an image, and can tap the image to see your last updated location.
How to use live location in WhatsApp
Here is the fact: According to WhatsApp this feature is end-to-end encrypted.
Before moving to forward to our guide first you need to enable location permission for WhatsApp there are two ways to do that
To enable location permission for WhatsApp
- Settings > Apps > Choose WhatsApp > Permissions > Location > turn on WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, if you recently opened WhatsApp, you can go to your phone’s Settings > Apps Permission > WhatsApp > While using.
Share location with individual or group
- Open the chat of an individual or group.
- Tap Attachment > Location > Share live location.
- Specific length of time that you’d like to share your live location. Your location will stop being shared after the selected amount of time.
- Optionally, add a comment (The park) etc.
- Tap the Send button and Done!.
Also Try: How to change font in WhatsApp
Stop sharing your live location for an individual or an group
- Open the chat of that individual or group
- See the location message and tap on stop sharing to stop sharing location.
Stop sharing your live location in all the chats and groups
- WhatsApp > Settings > Account > Privacy > Location > Stop sharing.
To disable the permission for WhatsApp
- Settings > Apps > Choose WhatsApp > Permissions > Location > turn off.
So that’s it guys this is a complete guide on how to share location in WhatsApp a step by step guide in which I showed you how you can actually share your location and not just sharing location but also to enable the permission for it and disabling permissions after use if you want too.