One of the most annoying things is the mobile phone screen flickering. This happens to me. I found a solution to fix it.
Do you ever find yourself scrolling through your phone, and suddenly, the screen starts flickering? It can be incredibly frustrating and make it difficult to use your phone. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with this comprehensive guide on how to fix phone screen flickering issues!
Is it causing you headaches and eye strain? Well, you’re not alone! Phone screen flickering is a common issue that many people face.
In this article, we will explore ten practical ways to fix phone screen flickering, along with an additional tip that can help prevent the issue from occurring in the first place.
This Will Fix the Phone Screen Flickering Issue
Even I tried all the settings, and this worked on my smartphone.
Now let’s talk about how to fix it.
10 Hacks to Fix Phone Screen Flickering
This issue happened to me when I bought a new smartphone four months back. In the first month of use, I started getting this issue, leading me into danger from my parents because they recently bought me a new device.
1. Level it up or turn it off
I know it sounds weird, but this works for me. You must try this if you are getting a smartphone flickering issue.
To fix it, stop using your smartphone in extremely low brightness. Try to go for mid-range or a bit more brightness than average.
So whenever you use a smartphone, don’t use it in extremely low brightness. Go for average. I know it will decrease battery life, but you must do it.
Adjusting your screen brightness can also help fix screen flickering. Sometimes, the screen flickers because of the high or low brightness level. Try to adjust the brightness level to a comfortable level.
OR you can turn off the auto-brightness feature sometimes, which is the culprit.
2. Remove and check if it works
This will work for most people because this is the Era of paid apps and paid games, where some people get free or unlocked apps. Also, Try this after this tutorial: List of Offline Games which are proven BEST.
Free things are not the solution because sometimes free things cause any issue, and behind the screen, flickering is one of the major causes.
So to fix your smartphone screen, you have to uninstall any recently installed app or game and then restart your phone.
Moreover, you can try to boot into safe mode without installing these apps. Because when you get into safe mode, all the external apps will stop working, and when you get into safe mode, check whether your screen is flickering. If not, an app or a game is causing that issue.
What is Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on a phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications. It’s designed as a diagnostic tool to help solve issues with connectivity, battery life, and more.Source: Samsung
Sometimes, problematic apps can cause screen flickering. Try uninstalling recently installed apps and see if it fixes the issue.
Here is how to get into the safe mode on Android
Every smartphone has a different key combination to get into safe mode. So whatever phone you are using, try to Google something like activate safe mode on Your phone’s model.
So here is the essential thing that will help you get into safe mode on your smartphone:
- First of all, Power Off your Device.
- Turn your phone back on with the power button, and hold the power button until you see an animated logo appear.
- Hold the Volume Down button once you see the animated logo appear.
- Continue holding Volume Down until your device boots.
As Dwyane Johnson said in Skyscraper, “Restarting can fix all the issues ‘.
As they said, restarting can fix most of the issues in modern technology, so you should try to restart your smartphone.
If you have already restarted, then I would recommend you drain your phone’s battery and Recharge it from zero because, in some cases, restarting won’t work, so you need to restart from zero. Start charging your phone from 0 to 100; I hope this will help you.
4. Clear the cache
So least you can try to clear the cache of your smartphone; even you can use any cleaning apps like CCleaner or files go that will help you to clean junk files from your smartphone.
You can try these things on your smartphone to fix the flickering screen issue. If the problem persists, here is the last and ultimate thing you can do.
Also Read the ways to easily clear cookies on android phone.
5. The repair works
If all the techniques work on your smartphone, good. If not, you can visit a mobile phone repair center near you, tell them about your problem, and let them fix it.
Because sometimes, things need to be done professionally by professionals, and this is the last thing you can do to eliminate screen flickering.
If none of the above solutions work, it’s time to seek professional help. Take your phone to a reputable service center, and they can diagnose and fix the issue.
For example, if you have an iPhone with a flickering screen, you may need to take it to an Apple Store or an authorized repair service provider. They can help diagnose the issue and provide a solution, including a screen replacement or a software update.
6. Boot in Safe Mode
Boot your phone in safe mode to check if any third-party apps are causing the issue. If the screen flickering stops in safe mode, it’s most likely caused by an app.
7. Disable Hardware Overlays
If your phone’s screen flickers, it could be due to hardware overlays. To resolve this issue, access your phone’s developer options and turn off the ‘Force GPU rendering’ option.
A youtube short with over 8.6 K Likes with more than 250K Views showed that disabling the hardware overlay can help fix the flicking problem.
Here are some comments which show the authenticity of this video:
8. Update Your Phone Software
There might be a simple solution you haven’t tried yet. Believe it or not, updating your phone’s software could potentially fix this issue!
When you update your phone’s software, it can include fixes for bugs and improvements to the operating system that may address problems with the display, like flickering. So, if you’re experiencing this annoying issue, try these simple steps:
- Ensure your phone is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and has good battery life.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down until you see “System” or “System updates,” and tap on it.
- Click on “Check for updates,” and if one is available, you will receive a notification.
- To start the update process, tap on “Download and Install.”
- Wait patiently for the update to download and install, which may take several minutes, depending on your internet connection and the update’s size.
- Finally, restart your phone, and voila!
If the issue persists even after updating your phone’s software, it might be caused by a hardware problem. In that case, it’s best to seek professional help from a repair shop or contact the manufacturer. But for now, give updating your software a shot and say goodbye to those annoying screen flickers!
9. Remove Magnetic Objects
Removing magnetic objects near your smartphone, such as cases and phone holders, can fix screen flickering. Magnets near the screen or internal components can interfere with the display, causing it to flicker. Keeping your phone away from other magnets will also prevent interference. Removing these objects can help eliminate the issue and ensure your display works correctly.
This simple solution requires no technical expertise and can be easily done at home. If you’re experiencing screen flickering, look around for any magnetic objects nearby and remove them to see if it solves the problem.
Look at the reasons why your phone screen is flickering
- Using a smartphone in extremely low brightness.
- When the load increases on your CPU and GPU while playing games.
- In some cases, auto-brightness is the culprit.
- Any app or game is causing this flickering issue.
Instant Fixes from YouTube Comments
- Adjust the brightness level to a comfortable level or turn off the auto-brightness feature.
- Uninstall recently installed apps or games that may be causing the issue.
- Restart or drain your phone’s battery and recharge it from zero.
- Clear the cache of your smartphone or use any cleaning apps like CCleaner or Files Go.
- Take your phone to a reputable service center for repair.
- Boot your phone in safe mode to check if any third-party apps are causing the issue.
- Disable hardware overlays by accessing your phone’s developer options and turning off the ‘Disable HW overlay option.
- Disable Adaptive Brightness and other display options in your phone’s settings.
- Check for software updates and install them.
- Factory reset your phone as a last resort.
Understanding the Causes of Phone Screen Flickering
First, let’s talk about what causes the phone screen to flicker. Various factors, including software glitches, hardware damage, or an outdated operating system, can cause it. So, what does this look like in real life?
Imagine you’re watching a video on your phone, and suddenly, the screen starts flickering rapidly. Or, you’re scrolling through your social media feed, and lines appear on the screen. These are just a couple of examples of what screen flickering can look like.
Preventing Screen Flickering on Smartphones Issues
The best way to avoid phone screen flickering issues is to take preventive measures. This includes:
- Regular software updates: Keeping your phone’s operating system up to date can help prevent software glitches that can cause screen flickering.
- Proper handling and storage: Avoid dropping your phone or exposing it to extreme temperatures, as this can cause hardware damage.
- Using a phone case and screen protector: These accessories can help protect your phone from damage and extend the life of your screen.
Other Helpful Resources And References
That’s it for today, guys. This is an in-depth tutorial to fix phone screen flickering issues. I hope this will help you to fix it.
Technique number 3 is one of my favorite techniques that I would use. Let me know which works for you in the comments.
And let me know in the comments if you have any queries related to this. I will try to reply to you in 48 hours.
Ohh man you saved my life. This really works.
Oh that’s my pleasure to help you.