I'm Android Care Taker!
No, you are not wrong. This article is about removing the speed dial from any Android device.
Anyone can use the same method to delete or disable the speed dial on Android.
One blog that solves your query with all the required screenshots and also with the help of video tutorials.
Are you tired of accidentally dialing your mom when trying to call your best friend? Or maybe you want to clean up your phone and eliminate that pesky speed dial you never use. Whatever your reason, we’re here to help you remove a speed dial on any Android device.
Get set, go!
Tap on your device brand to see the exact steps for it.
Remove/Disable Speed Dial Android
- Step-by-step instructions for removing speed dial on any device:
- Open the Phone app on your device.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and look for the “Speed dial” option.
- Tap on “Speed dial” to open it.
- You should now see a list of your speed dial contacts.
- To remove a contact from the speed dial, tap and hold on to the contact you want to remove.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select “Remove from speed dial.”
- Confirm your choice by tapping “OK.”
- Repeat steps 7-9 for any other speed dial contacts you wish to remove.
- That’s it! You have successfully removed the speed dial from your device.
In-depth Steps to do this. Screenshot here.
Open the Phone dialer app.
First, open the speed dialer app from the home screen or drawer. App Icon: A Call sign; see the image below.
Tap on Three Dots on the top right.
After getting into the phone app, Press or tap the three dots on the top right-hand side.
Select the Speed Dial option.
Tap the Speed Dialer option when the menu appears after clicking on the three dots.
Remove the Speed Dialer.
Now, tap the minus ( – ) button to remove the speed dial from the key.
How to remove Speed Dial on Vivo
- Touch and hold the Direct dial icon from the Home screen you want to remove.
- Drag the item to Remove (at the top), then release.
How to Remove Speed Dial on Samsung
- Open the Phone dialer app.
- Tap on Three Dots on the top right.
- Select the Speed Dial option.
- Tap on ( – ) to remove/delete the speed dial.
How to Remove Speed Dial on iPhone/iOS
- In Favorites, slide the contact to the left and tap Delete.
How to Remove Speed Dial Xiaomi
- Open the Phone app
- Open the Settings
- Tap on Advanced settings
- Tap on Quick dial
- Tap on the assigned quick dial number/contact
- Tap on Delete
How to Remove Speed Dial on Motorola
- From the Home screen, tap Phone (lower-left).
- If unavailable, swipe up from the Home screen to access all apps and tap Phone.
- From the Favorites tab (lower-left), to remove a contact, touch and hold the contact you wish to remove until additional options appear (approximately 2 seconds), then tap Remove.
More to read:
Remove/Delete Speed Dial Huawei
Open Dialer, touch / in the upper right corner, go to Settings > Speed dial, select the added number, and touch Clear assigned number to delete the settings.
How to Remove Speed Dial on Oneplus
1. From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
If unavailable, swipe up from the center of the Home screen, then tap Phone.
2. From the Favorites tab (lower-right), touch and hold the contact you wish to remove from the Favorites list.
3. Drag the item up to Remove, then release.
Which Smartphone did I use?
I use my Samsung m33 phone, which I followed in this tutorial.
However, the steps are almost the same.
Phone App by Google: Speed Dial?
I know some devices are using the Phone app Google.
But the biggest con is that you can’t set a speed dialer. Don’t skip now. Sharing the insider truth in the end.
Right? If I followed the steps above and did not get those menus and settings, that means Google’s official app doesn’t include them.
So, What to do now?
Try this Instead!
If you are a Google phone and contact app user, look at the Phone Apps again.
Yes, Do it.
There are three menus at the bottom.
The favorite menu in the Phone app will list the number you dial the most.
And also you can customize your favorite contact from there.
Click here to learn how to add your favorite contacts on the Phone by Google.
What else is left now?
This is a comprehensive guide to disabling speed dial or deleting/removing quick dial from all smartphone brands, including Vivo, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, and iPhone.
And Ya! To do this same thing (DISABLE QUICK DIAL) on Android too.
.Congratulations, you’ve successfully removed the speed dial on your Android device! Now you can rest easy knowing that you won’t accidentally dial your ex when you meant to call your BFF. And if you ever change your mind and want to add someone back to your speed dial list, follow these steps and select “Add to speed dial” instead. It’s as easy as that!
I hope you found this helpful. Your one share is the reason that motivates me. Please give your valuable share to get into the top 1% of good people.