No, you are not wrong. This article is about removing the speed dial from any android device.
Anyone can use the same method to delete or disable the speed dial on Android.
One blog that solves your query with all the required screenshots and also with the help of video tutorials.
Speed dials are handy. One hold = one call, but it can be a curse when you can’t edit speed dial settings or replace a specific number with any other.
Let… no, why ordinary, let’s go.
Get set, go!
Tap on your device brand to see the exact steps for it.
Remove/Disable Speed Dial Android
- Tap on Phone
- Open the Menu
- Tap on Speed dial numbers
- Tap on Remove
In-depth Steps to do this. Screenshot here.
Open the Phone dialer app.
Firstly, open the speed dialer app from the home screen or the app drawer. App Icon: A Call sign; see the image below.
Tap on Three Dots on the top right.
After getting into the phone app, Press or tap on the three dots on the top right-hand side.
Select the Speed Dial option.
When the menu shows up after clicking on the three dots, Tap on the Speed Dialer option.
Remove the Speed Dialer.
Now, Tap on the minus ( – ) button to remove the speed dial from the key.
How to remove Speed Dial on Vivo
- From a Home screen, touch and hold the Direct dial icon you want to remove.
- Drag the item up to Remove (at the top), then release.
How to Remove Speed Dial on Samsung
- Open the Phone dialer app.
- Tap on Three Dots on the top right.
- Select the Speed Dial option.
- Tap on ( – ) to remove/delete the speed dial.
How to Remove Speed Dial on iPhone/iOS
- In Favorites, slide the contact to the left and tap Delete.
How to Remove Speed Dial Xiaomi
- Open the Phone app
- Open the Settings
- Tap on Advanced settings
- Tap on Quick dial
- Tap on the assigned quick dial number/contact
- Tap on Delete
How to Remove Speed Dial on Motorola
- From a Home screen, tap Phone (lower-left).
- If unavailable, swipe up from the Home screen to access all apps and tap Phone.
- From the Favorites tab (lower-left), to remove a contact, touch and hold the contact you wish to remove until additional options appear (approximately 2 seconds), then tap Remove.
Remove/Delete Speed Dial Huawei
Open Dialer, touch / in the upper right corner, go to Settings > Speed dial, select the added number, and touch Clear assigned number to delete the settings.
How to Remove Speed Dial on Oneplus
1. From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
If unavailable, swipe up from the center of a Home screen, then tap Phone.
2. From the Favorites tab (lower-right), touch and hold the contact you wish to remove from the Favorites list.
3. Drag the item up to Remove, then release.
Which Smartphone did I use?
I use my Samsung m33 phone, which I followed in this tutorial.
However, the steps are almost the same.
Phone App by Google: Speed Dial?
I know some devices are using the Phone app by google.
But the biggest con is that you can’t set a speed dialer. Don’t skip now. Sharing the insider truth in the end.
Right? If I followed the steps I showed above and did not get those menus and settings, that means Google’s official app doesn’t include it.
So, What to do now?
Try this Instead!
If you are a Google phone and contact app user, simply look at the Phone Apps again.
Yes, Do it.
There are three menus at the bottom.
The favorite menu in the Phone app will list the number you dial the most.
And also, you can customize your favorite contact from there.
Click here to learn how to add your favorite contacts on the Phone by Google.
What else is left now?
This is a comprehensive guide to disabling speed dial or deleting/removing quick dial from all the smartphone brands, including Vivo, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, and iPhone.
And Ya! To do this same thing (DISABLE QUICK DIAL) on Android too.
I hope you found this useful. Your one share is the reason which motivates me. Please give your valuable share to get into the top 1% of good people.
Daughters Family,&Friends is Favorite!!!
Sure, as you commented here, You’re on our favorite list. Thanks, Carol.