Turning off Wi-Fi calling is one of the useful features when it comes to Android. Whether you prefer Wi-Fi calling or not but in this tutorial I am gonna teach you how to turn off Wi-Fi calling on Android on Samsung or any smartphones like oneplus, realme, Oppo Vivo, Huawei.
Wi-Fi calling is the worst feature when you have a poor Wi-Fi signal. Because if you have poor Wi-Fi then it would affect the calling functionality of Android and the Voice. That’s A terrible experience.
So without wasting any more time let’s see how to turn off Wi-Fi calling feature on Android.
To Turn off WiFi Calling on All Android devices
To turn off the Wi-Fi calling functionality you need to follow the below procedure, in which I will show you the in-depth tutorial on how you can proceed to set and then how you can turn off the Wi-Fi calling.
Let’s take your mobile and let’s go.
- Open Mobile Setting > Now Tap on SIM
- Then Tap on your Preferred Mobile Data’s SIM like SIM 1-2
- Now Scroll down > Tap on Wifi calling
- Here Tap on the off button.
This is the process of how you can proceed and turn off the Wi-Fi calling. If you didn’t get it then read the below procedure with images that will help you more.
Tutorial on Turning off the Wi-Fi calling with Images
Above I already showed you how to turn off the Wi-Fi calling but in case you didn’t get that method then that’s why I am writing this in which I will show you the tutorial with images which lead you to more specific information.
- Firstly, Get into your mobile settings then get into the SIM card option where both SIM cards were shown
- Second, tap on the SIM card which you have set the Default Mobile Data
- Third, after getting in, scroll down and you will see the Wi-Fi calling just touch it
- Fourth, A new screen appears, where you can turn on or off Wi-Fi calling just by tapping on the off or on a button.
You can follow this on most Android devices but if you have devices like Samsung or Redmi then you need a very specific tutorial on it so below I will also mention how to turn off Wi-Fi calling on Samsung and Redmi smartphones.
- How to Turn Off AutoFocus
- How to Download Apps to SD Card
- What does Reset Network Settings do
- What is Editor Choice in Google Play Store
Turn off wifi calling on Samsung smartphone
To turn off this feature on any Samsung device then you need to for the below procedure which I am gonna show you right now
- Open Notification Panel > Then Tap on Wi-Fi calling
- Then Turn off the Wi-Fi call feature easily.
If you didn’t get the Wi-Fi calling feature or icon in the icon menu at the top then follow this.
- Where is Clipboard on Samsung? Learn How to Enable Clipboard (All Samsung Phones)
- How to Check Screen Time
- Fix Camera Blur; 7 Best ways to Remove Blur from camera
- Why my phone screen is blinking
To enable the Wi-Fi calling Button (Icon) on Samsung phones you need to get into the menu where you will find all the options like turning on Wi-Fi, data, etc.
Then simply tap on three dots on Notification Panel and then tap on Button grid > then add Wi-Fi calling to the menu.
Now you can easily Turn on or off Wi-Fi calling on Samsung without any hassle.
Follow this to Turn off wifi calling on Realme, Xiaomi, OnePlus
If you are worried about your device because your device is different and has different settings then you can follow this tutorial. Realme, Xiaomi and one plus have common settings on these smartphones because all of them run on Android. Still, Xiaomi has some differences but it can apply to all three brands.
- Get into the settings.
- Then tap on SIM card and mobile data
- Now tap on the Mobile Data’s SIM like SIM 1-2
- Here scroll down > Touch the Wi-Fi calling
- At last, Turn It off.
That’s how you can turn off Wi-Fi calling on any realme, Xiaomi, or oneplus device.
FAQs on Wi-Fi Calling
Yes, you can use the Wi-Fi calling feature on your device if you have strong Wi-Fi. Because a strong Wi-Fi signal can automatically enhance the voice calls and the calling functionality of phones, although if you don’t have a good Wi-Fi signal then I don’t recommend it.
Yes, You should off the Wi-Fi calling feature if you are facing Network issues with your Wifi or Getting Low Signals. Using Wifi Calling in low signal can decrease the Voice Quality.
Not really, If you have an excellent wifi router whose signal never drops then You should use it. It can actually Improve the Voice calls quality and Remove all the background noise.
Not Really, The Phone which have Android 9+ Mostly supports the Wifi Calling feature. On the Other hand you can Search WIFI Calling in Settings to Turn it ON or OFF.
Yes, there are tons of benefits of using Wi-Fi calling on any Android smartphone like you will get the crystal clear voice. Moreover, Wi-Fi calling can automatically remove all the annoying and not useful background noise.
Advantage of Wifi Calling
There are many benefits of Wi-Fi calling if you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- It removes the background noise if you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- You will get a crystal clear voice without any shutter.
Disadvantage of Wifi Calling on Android
There are many benefits of Wi-Fi calling but simultaneously there are many disadvantages of Wi-Fi calling for some devices even for me.
- If you have a poor network connection then the calling functionality of your device will suck.
- Unnecessary lag on voice calls.
In today’s tutorial, I showed you how to turn off Wi-Fi calling on almost all the devices available out there in the market whether it is from Samsung realme Xiaomi oneplus, etc.
I hope this tutorial will be helpful for you and help you to turn off Wi-Fi calling and let me know in the comments if you have any queries.
This Backdroid with a Helpful tutorial.