Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts! Are you tired of being unable to find your APK files on your smartphone? Are you constantly scrolling through your device’s folders, searching for that elusive APK file?
Well, fear not! We’re here to help you navigate the confusing world of APK files and show you how to find them on any smartphone.
.APK extension is the most used and downloadable file these days. Not surprisingly, APK download is one of the most searched terms in the US. Globally, more than 63 million people are searching for this.
I know you’re looking for screenshots; the good news is we have some for you. To view, apk file procedure, you can follow the process on Any Android.
How to View or Find Apk files on Android
1. Open the File Manager
You can find the file manager from the apps list or tap on the search bar to find it.
And then tap on it to open it.
2. Tap APK or Installation Files
Apk files are the only files that applications can install on Android. So, if you find the installation file tab, tap on it.
Mainly, this tab is titled installation files, and the icon is shown as .apk.
3. Here’s the list of All the Apps (apks)
You will find all the apps stored on your device when you enter the tab. The list will be in the order that you selected.
This list can be:
- By Size.
- By Name.
- Date modified.
It is a three-step procedure to check all the apps stored on an Android. This can be done using any file manager app.
To find APK files on Android:
- Open your File Manager app.
- Look for an “APK” or “Installation Files” tab.
- Tap on it to see a list of APK files stored on your device.
- You can also use the search bar and type “.apk” to find APK files.
Alternative to View APK Files on Android Device
We’ll walk through the process if the installation tab is not on your device.
1. Open the File Manager
Open the file manager app.
2. Tap on the search bar
Here tap on the search bar.
3. Search ‘.apk’
If you search “.apk,” you’ll find all the stored apk files.
4. You’ll see all the APK files stored on your Android.
Above shared the method to follow on the device on which the file manager doesn’t show the Installation apps or files option.
We have also provided screenshots. I have shared the screenshot of two different devices’ file manager apps. One is Samsung’s M33, and the second is by Realme, which runs on Android 10. Also, read List of the Best File Sharing Apps.
On both devices, we saw the tab. But for the rare case, we shared the other matter too.
How to View APK Files on Android Using Third-Party File Manager
If you’re adventurous and want to try something new, why not download a third-party file manager app? There are many options, but some popular ones include ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, and Astro File Manager.
These apps offer more features and customization options than your standard built-in file manager app, including viewing APK files directly, hidden files, and folders.
Method 1: Using the File Manager
- Open the File Manager app on your Android smartphone. You can find it in your apps list or the search bar.
- Look for the “APK” or “Installation Files” tab. This is where you’ll find all the APK files stored on your device.
- Once you’ve found the APK tab, tap on it to view a list of all the APK files installed on your phone. You can sort this list by size, name, or date modified.
Method 2: Using the Search Bar
- Open the File Manager app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Type in “.apk” and hit enter. This will include a list of all the APK files stored on your device.
- Tap on any APK file to view its details or install it on your device.
Also read: 2 Ways to Add a Google Search Bar to HomeScreen
Method 3: Using a Third-Party File Manager
- Download a third-party file manager app from the Google Play Store. Some popular options include ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, and Astro File Manager.
- Open the file manager app and look for an “APK” or “Installation Files” tab. If the app has this feature, it will be located here.
- Tap the tab to view a list of all the APK files stored on your device.
- You can also use the search bar to find APK files by typing “.apk.”
That’s it! These simple steps allow you to find and view APK files on any Android smartphone easily.
Method 4: If you have downloaded the APK file from the internet
If you downloaded the APK file from the internet, it should be in your device’s Downloads folder. Here’s how to find it:
- Open your device’s File Manager app.
- Look for the Downloads folder and tap on it to open it.
- Scroll through the list of downloaded files until you find the APK file you are looking for.
- Please tap on the APK file to install it on your device.
If you cannot find the APK file in your Downloads folder, try searching for it using your device’s search function. Tap the search icon in your File Manager app and type in the APK file name or “.apk” to see if it appears in the search results.
A: Yes, if you have located the APK file using the File Manager app, you can tap on the file to initiate the installation process. However, if you haven’t done so, enable the “Install from Unknown Sources” option in your device’s settings.
A: To find unknown apps on Android, go to your device’s Settings, locate the “Apps” or “Applications” option, and review the list of installed apps. Look for unfamiliar or unrecognized apps and tap on them to access their details. If you suspect an app to be unwanted or potentially harmful, uninstall it.
And there you have it, folks! Three methods to find your APK files on any smartphone. We hope you found this guide helpful and that you can now quickly locate your APK files. Remember always to be cautious when downloading files from the internet and to organize your files for easy access in the future. Stay tech-savvy!
In today’s article, we shared How to Find stored or downloaded apps on Android, Shared the whole process with the screenshot.
I hope you find this helpful article.