Learn How to Add a google search bar to the home screen on Android or any iOS smartphone? This article will teach you how to quickly add a widget for the Google search bar on your device’s home screen.
The Google search bar not only increases the look of your home screen but is also beneficial and quickly searches things out online. Moreover, your home screen would look classy if you added a search bar Google to the home screen.
So without wasting any more seconds, let’s drive in.
2 Ways to Add Google Search Bar to Home Screen
In today’s article, I will show you two ways that you can quickly add the widget of the Google search bar to the homepage or the home screen of a device.
How to Add Search Bar to Android Home Screen
1. Get into the home screen of your device.
2. press and hold on the home screen on the wallpaper.
3. Tap on widgets from the bottom bar.
4. Now, from all the widgets, scroll down and tap on Google.
5. Tap and hold on to the “Google Search” widget and drag it to the location on your home screen where you want it to appear. Release your finger to drop the widget into place.
The above method demonstrates how to do this on any Android smartphone. I have also shown you a screenshot so it will be easier to perform if anyone does this.
How to Add Google’s Search Bar to iOS Home Screen
But what if you want to do it on iOS, I am listing all the ways to do the same thing for iOS devices
1. Swipe right on your iOS home screen to access the Today View.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and tap the “Edit” button.
3. Scroll down until you find the “Google” app and tap the green plus sign (+) next to it to add it to your widgets list.
4. Tap “Done” in the top-right corner of the screen to save your changes.
5. Swipe left on your home screen to access your widgets.
6. Tap and hold on to the “Google Search” widget and drag it to the location on your home screen where you want it to appear.
7. Release your finger to drop the widget into place.
That’s it! You now have the Google search bar on your iOS home screen, which you can use to quickly search the web without opening the Google app.
Google Chrome Not Updating or Download Pending: All Errors Solved
Tips and tricks for customizing the Google search bar on both Android and iOS home screens
- Change the search bar theme: Google search bar allows you to choose from various themes. You can choose your preferred theme and customize the background color from there. You can access the theme settings by tapping the “G” logo on the search bar and selecting “Customize Widget.”
- Resize the search bar: On Android, you can resize it by tapping and holding it, then dragging the edges to your desired size. On iOS, you can resize the widget by tapping and holding it, then selecting “Edit Widget” and using the slider to adjust the size.
- Add shortcuts: Android and iOS allow you to add shortcuts to the Google search bar. On Android, you can do this by tapping and holding the search bar and selecting “Add shortcuts.” On iOS, you can add shortcuts by tapping the “+” icon on the widget and selecting “Search Shortcuts.”
- Change the search engine: Google search bar allows you to change the default search engine. You can access this option on Android by tapping the “G” logo on the search bar and selecting “Settings.” On iOS, you can do this by tapping the “G” logo and selecting “Search Engine.”
- Use voice search: Google search bar has a built-in voice search feature that allows you to search using your voice. On Android, you can activate this by tapping the microphone icon on the search bar. On iOS, you can do this by tapping the “G” logo and then the microphone icon.
- Add widgets: You can customize your Android and iOS home screens by adding Google widgets. On Android, you can access widgets by long-pressing the home screen and selecting “Widgets.” On iOS, you can do this by swiping right to the widget screen, tapping “Edit” at the bottom, and then select the Google widget.
Also read, and customize your phone using Android launchers.
You can customize your Google search bar to suit your needs and preferences using these tips and tricks.
How to Fix Speech services by Google downloading stuck (easy!)
Troubleshooting common issues when adding Google search bar home screen on android
Here are some common issues that users might encounter when adding the Google search bar to their Android home screen, along with troubleshooting tips:
- Google App not installed: If the Google App is not installed on the device, the search bar cannot be added. Ensure the Google App is installed and updated to the latest version.
- Google App needs to be updated: Sometimes, the Google App might need to be updated to the latest version, which can cause issues when trying to add the search bar. Update the Google App to the latest version from the Google Play Store.
- Widget unavailable: If the Google search bar widget is unavailable in the widget list, ensure the Google App is installed and updated. Also, check if the widget is available for your device model and Android version.
- Widget not responding: If the Google search bar widget is not responding or not working correctly, try clearing the cache and data of the Google App from the device settings.
- Search bar not visible: If the search bar is added but not visible on the home screen, try resizing the widget or adjusting the home screen layout.
- Incompatibility issues: Sometimes, incompatibility issues with the device model or Android version. Try restarting the device or contacting Google support for assistance.
Following these troubleshooting tips, users can quickly resolve everyday issues when adding the Google search bar to their Android home screen.
So that’s it for today’s article and today’s article. I have broken down the best ways to add a Google search bar on an Android home screen or an IOS home screen. I hope you guys found the article helpful. If you do or if you have any queries or want to know anything, then let me know in the comments, and I will reply in 24 hours.