Wi-Fi Calling Android: This article is about Wi-Fi calling on Android smartphones. Every Android smartphone has a Wi-Fi calling feature, which enables the user to HD voice connection through the Wi-Fi router.
In this article, I will break down How to turn off Wi-Fi calling on Android devices and even How to Turn off Wi-Fi calling on Android smartphones. Everyone finds these types of terms on Google but does not get exactly what they are searching for. That’s why I am writing this.
Android WiFi Calling
So, we will first see the main motive of Wi-Fi calling on Android smartphones.
What is WiFi Calling? How it works, The Great EXAMPLE!
Wi-Fi calling is a new feature introduced by the Android OS which enables users to make high-definition voice calls through their Wi-Fi routers if their network connection is broken.
The basic fundamental of Wi-Fi calling is when you are texting or calling, so everything will be routed through your Wi-Fi connection.
Suppose you are not getting any signals from your network provider, and if you have Wi-Fi, you can make Wi-Fi calls that will be routed through your Wi-Fi, making the call seamless and instant.
WiFi Calling on Android Phones
Ok, so let’s start the guide where I will teach you how to turn on Wi-Fi calling on Android first. After that, I will show you how to turn off Wi-Fi calling on Android smartphones. You can try this on any smartphone from the Android because I am performing this on a Realme smartphone that works on Android OS. Another Guide on Realme: How to Hide Apps.
How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi Calling on Android
Below is How to turn on wifi calling on android and also how to turn off wifi calling on Android.
1. Select SIM Card & Mobile Data in Settings
2. Select Preferred Cellular Data SIM Card
3. Scroll Down & Select Wi-Fi Calling
4. Tap to Turn On or Off Wifi Calling!
Here I had Mentioned some images which will help you and guide you to turn on Wi-Fi calling.
To Turn On Wi-Fi Calling on Android OS
To enable or turn on the Wi-Fi calling functionality on an Android device.
- Open your mobile settings, a real find, and select sim cards and mobile data.
- Select the SIM, which is set as preferred Data.
- In sim card settings, you have to scroll down, find Wi-Fi calling, and tap on it.
- Here you have to tap on the turn on the button to enable Wi-Fi calling.
To Turn Off WiFi Calling On Any Android Smartphone
Sometimes we don’t like this feature, and we don’t want to use it because maybe a WiFi router is some kind of weak, so Calls start integrating or voice is breaking between the calls. Follow the below procedure to turn off WiFi calling on any Android smartphone.
- Open your mobile settings. Tap on SIM card and mobile data.
- Here select your preferred mobile data SIM.
- Scroll down, and you will find WiFi calling, click on it.
- Now tap on that button to turn off the WiFi calling.
Advantages of using WiFi Calling
If you are curious about the primary benefits of using the WiFi calling feature, then here is the list of the advantages you will get by turning on the WiFi calling feature.
- Turning on WiFi calling will improve the voice quality.
- If your primary sim signal is low, it will be fixed by doing WiFi calling now. The voice will not interrupt that much
- You will get a crystal clear voice when you are using WiFi calling.
- You don’t need to change your number to use this feature.
- You can use this feature on capable Android devices.
The disadvantage of Wi-Fi Calling on Android
There are many benefits of Wi-Fi calling, but simultaneously there are many disadvantages of Wi-Fi calling for some devices, even for me.
- If you have a poor network connection, then the calling functionality of your device will suck.
- Unnecessary lag on voice calls.
Yes, you can use the Wi-Fi calling feature on your device if you have strong Wi-Fi. Because a strong Wi-Fi signal can automatically enhance the voice calls and the calling functionality of phones, although if you don’t have a good Wi-Fi signal, I don’t recommend it.
Yes, You should turn off the Wi-Fi calling feature if you face network issues with your Wifi or Getting Low Signals. Using Wifi Calling on a low signal can decrease the Voice Quality.
If you have an excellent wifi router whose signal never drops, you should use it. It can improve the Voice calls quality and Remove all the background noise.
Not Really, The Phone, which has Android 9+, Mostly supports the Wifi Calling feature. On the Other hand, you can Search WIFI Calling in Settings to turn it ON or OFF.
Yes, there are tons of benefits of using Wi-Fi calling on any Android smartphone, like you will get a crystal clear voice. Moreover, Wi-Fi calling can automatically remove all the annoying and not helpful background noise.
That is how you can turn off Wi-Fi calling in any Android device whether it is weather from Samsung, Xiaomi, Huiewi or Oneplus. This article is the part of our How to Android.
In today’s article, I have shown the basic meaning of Wi-Fi calling all the how to turn on and turn off Wi-Fi calling on Android.
I hope you find this article helpful. Let me know in the comments what you think. Do you find Wi-Fi calling useful? Is it your cup of tea?